KIC Christmas Party on Saturday, December 3, from 5-7 p.m. at Brent and Janice Yoder’s house at 7450 North Pine Barren Road in Bratt (mailing address is Century, FL 32535.)
We will play a gift exchange game. Bring a gift if you want to play, but keep it under $10!
Also, bring a snack or drink to share. The Yoder’s are providing hamburgers or hotdogs to go along with whatever you bring!
Parents are welcome to stay with us also! (And as a father of six, I understand that you might have other kids not in KIC. If a parent stays, then your other children can stay and participate also!)
Atmore Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 10.
Allen Driscoll is providing and pulling the trailer, but we need some hay bales to sit on! Can someone help with 15-20 bales?
Our theme is Charlie Brown Christmas, so plan to wear a brightly colored shirt with no logos just like the Peanuts characters wear.
We will meet at 2 p.m. on December 10 to decorate the float, then we will travel to City Hall. If you can’t help decorate, then meet us at the Atmore City Hall by 5 to be on the float when parade starts at 5:30.
Let me know if you have any questions!
I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating the holiday with your family! We have a few things coming up soon in KIC:
1. Christmas Party on Saturday afternoon, December 3 at Blake Yoder’s house in Bratt! We haven’t nailed down a time yet, but we will play a gift exchange game. Bring a gift under $10 if you want to play!
2. Atmore Christmas Parade on December 10. We will meet at church that afternoon to decorate our float, but you can go ahead and plan what you will wear. Our float is a Charlie Brown Christmas, so plan to wear a brightly colored shirt with no logos just like the Peanuts characters wear. Can someone wear a red shirt and bring a blue blanket per Linus? How about Pigpen? I don’t know how we generate a dust cloud, but if we had a boy with long uncombed hair and brown clothes, then that might get the point across!
Drake Allen’s dad will provide our trailer, but do any of you have access to hay bales that we can sit on? Maybe 15-20 of them?
This is going to be so much fun!
1. No KIC next Wednesday, November 23!
2. Christmas party is on December 3 at Blake Yoder’s house! More information coming soon!
3. Atmore Christmas parade is on December 10! Our float’s theme will be Charlie Brown Christmas! More info coming soon!
Wear yellow to night !!! I know we will be packing Christmas boxes. But it will be fun 🙂 Smile Jesus LOVES YOU LLLLLLOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Let me give you a few more details about Friday’s KIC lock-in at the church.
The lock-in is planned for Friday night, November 11, from 7 p.m. until 9 a.m. Saturday morning.
Some may prefer not to spend the night, so it is certainly acceptable to come at seven and get picked up sometime before midnight.
Kids should eat supper before coming. There will be snacks but no full meals. Each kid should bring a snack or drink to share, as well as a pillow, sleeping bag or blanket, and whatever else they need to make it through the night (if they are spending the night).
Cassie Depew, one of our small group leaders, has planned a variety of activities to keep the kids occupied until lights out. Sleep is planned, but it likely won’t be a full night’s sleep. We will sleep on couches, chairs, floors, etc. If you have an air mattress, feel free to bring it. Of course, boys and girls will not be allowed to sleep next to each other.
We would love to have adults stay and help us as you are available. Theresa Scott, Cassie Depew, and I will be there to keep things safe and secure, and we would love to have extra ADULT help, whether for the entire night or just a few hours.
I need two types of responses from you:
- Let me know if your kid will be attending, and if they will be there all night or only for a while.
- Let me know if you are willing and available to help.
If you have any questions, please ask! You can email me or contact me via cell phone at (850) 382-4628.
The memory verse is Philippians 4:6-7.
And wear green to KIC on Wednesday! The greener the better!